Martial Out To Build On Big Start



Anthony Martial says he hopes to score even more goals for Manchester United between now and the end of the season after an excellent start to the campaign.

The Frenchman was voted October's star man by fans on Twitter, the second successive month he has won the Player of the Month award. His impressive form has also led to a recall to the France squad for their upcoming friendlies against Wales and Germany.

Having scored seven times already this term, the forward is only one goal away from equalling his tally for last season. Although he's happy with how he's performing, both when starting and coming off the bench, Martial feels he still has another level to reach so he can have an even greater impact for the team.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's Premier League trip to Chelsea, he told MUTV : "At the moment, I’m happy, even if I could have done more, scored more goals and made more decisive passes. But I’m happy.

"I think the difference is that last year I didn’t have a good season but, for now, things are going pretty well. I’m achieving my objectives and I hope to score a lot more by the end of the season. I must continue to keep up good performances for my club and if I’ve got the chance to start over there [for France] I will do the best I can."

Martial was United's match winner after coming off the bench against Tottenham Hotspur last weekend. He added: "I think when I come on to the pitch as a sub, I’m hungry, desperate to play. I want to get some action, to score, to make some key passes, I want to give everything I can to help the team.”

The Reds have struggled in recent years at Stamford Bridge and it promises to be another tough encounter against the champions this weekend, but Martial is targeting three points which would boost United's cause at the top of the table.

“They [Chelsea] haven’t started as well as they did last year, but Chelsea is a big team and they’ll certainly try to beat us,” he said.
“Both clubs are really great teams so it’ll certainly be a difficult match, but the most important thing is that we try to come away with a victory at the end of the day.”

You can watch build-up to the big game against Chelsea on MUTV 's Match Day show from 14:30 GMT on Sunday.

Source link:ManUtd.Com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jose: Fellaini was amazing

Manchester United 4 Newcastle United 1

REPORT: UNITED 1 TOTTENHAM 0